Augmented Reality is a relatively new phenomenon in education, but 2013 will be the year where it explodes into classroom across the world. Here are my top 5 reasons why:
1. Augmented Reality links knowledge/content with relevant visual imagery. Something that traditional links and QR codes don't do.
2. Augmented Reality personalizes learning, especially when utilising video as the Aura's.
3. It utilizes mobile devices, in a year when there is a definite shift away from laptops to iPads and mobile devices.
4. It harnesses the concept of inquiry based learning, allowing students use their natural desire and instinct to explore and investigate.
5. It gets bums (bottoms) off seats.
By Paul Hamilton
ADE - class of 2013
Primary ICT Coordinator at Matthew Flinders Anglican College
Creator of the Science AR App